Undercooked liver causes food poisoning…

Sleb chef Raymond Blanc – one of the good guys in a very mixed, and often low-grade, bag – has had one of his restaurants fall foul of the Environmental Health food police by serving lamb’s liver too undercooked, thereby poisoning a couple of diners.

The main problem seems to be that restaurants normally undercook all meats drastically,** and Blanc’s own recommendation is that lamb’s liver is cooked for no more than 30 seconds per side. That’s not just pink, it’s Continue reading

Advertisements